How long was your labor?

“How long was your labor?”

Something everyone asks new moms. You hear stories like…

“Oh my god! Mine was 40 hours long! I had to have my mom hold one leg, my best friend hold my other and my boyfriend dump water on my head!”

Or “you don’t want to hear about my labor”… 27 hours, c-section after laboring for 2 days etc. Well let me tell you mine was the complete opposite. Not every labor is super hard. But a super quick one can have its own set of circumstances to watch out for.

Now, I did use certified crystal yoni eggs which are basically like weights for making kegels more effective, and have healing properties as well. I use Grace Diaz on Etsy, she has her’s certified to make sure there are no chemicals, and that they are the crystals they are meant to be. I can get more into this topic another time if warranted, but most people begin with jade, mediums, or black obsidian to suck out the bad energy, or clear quartz which can be programmed for anything, or rose quartz to show their pussy love.

I also consider myself relatively naturally athletic. But I don’t think that was the only reason my labor was only around 4.5 hours long. My mom also had a really quick labor, at 16, and apparently my Nan had at least one that was like mine where she wasn’t even sure she was in labor until it was too late.

I went into it knowing I was strong and my body would not fail me. Which I think it an important mindset a woman needs to have. Of course I was nervous as most moms are the whole pregnancy that something could go arise, but hopeful all would go well, and it did. I do believe it is important to believe in your body. Women have been pushing 8.5 lb babies out since women were invented by God.

Anyway, my story is this;

My husband got home from work at 9:30ish. My grandmom came over during my lunch break earlier in the day (I work from home) to drop off food and she swore I was going into labor that night. My mom’s husband also bet I was giving birth that Friday (the next day). They were both right. So I put the food in the oven, and waited for DH (dear husband). DH gets home, and I tell him my stomach hurts and I need to go poo. So I go upstairs while he eats, TMI, and I sit on the toilet texting my other pregnant friends, because everyone I know is literally pregnant or was this year. I had two best friends about a week more pregnant than me and one a few days less pregnant than me. So I’m texting them that I’m not sure if I have to poop or if it’s labor. They both tell me that happened to them last week, and they pooped and it was fine. So I keep getting up and sitting back down, nothings happening except I am in pain and feel like I gotta poo. I wish I knew this was a sign of labor.

Earlier that day I found the webmd pregnancy app that has a contraction tool so you can track your contractions. I start tracking. Now it becomes clear that these are real, as the pain started radiating from my lower back to my uterus and then down my thighs. I start telling DH we might need to go to the hospital. I havent mentioned yet that my hospital is an hour away. So I start tracking and they are about a minute and a half apart.

My contractions started at 1.5 mins apart and quickly went to 1 minute.

In the meantime I’m telling DH to do some laundry in case it goes until tomorrow, I’m not thinking clearly. My cat is looking at me like he’s so scared, curled in a ball next to the dog on the bed, while I’m hunched over the side repacking my hospital bag. DH keeps waiting for me to tell him what to do. So now we are about 2 and a half hours after I went to the bathroom earlier, and I tell him ok we need to go, NOW! Throwing clothes in the car, the carseat, and ourselves, we leave. It’s 12:35am. I know because I text my mom we were leaving. I grab a towel literally in case I give birth on the way in the car. I call the Doctor’s office and talk to the emergency line who pages the dr on call and she calls me back. I ask her if I’ll make it to the hospital. She says she has no way to tell me that. We decide to try to make it to the hospital.

I am still tracking the contractions on the webmd pregnancy app and DH is looking at it go down to 30 seconds apart. People in movies are always screaming. I apparently am a quiet person in pain. He was asking if I was ok and all I could do was breath and hold the “oh-shit” handle as he drove 100 miles an hour down 76 with his blinkers on.

We arrive. An hour drive took us 40 minutes because thank god it was midnight on a Thursday, and no one was on the road.

My mom was in the emergency room parking lot waving us down already, and I wobble slowly out of the car, telling her they are 30 seconds a part and we need to hurry. She’s a nurse, so she runs in and grabs a wheel chair. From here on out the receptionist and everyone else are hurrying me through the different stages of registering.

They literally ask you to sign paperwork and give them your identification and make a will, and ask you 100 questions, while you’re having contractions, it’s kind of ridiculous. Luckily everyone realized this was happening quick and to hurry the f up. Honestly they were the best nurses I ever had.

So I go from the initial room where they make sure your having contractions and ask you questions, to the delivery room in about an hour. DH took a picture of me rolling down the hallway at 1:59am holding my paperwork, and an hour later the baby was born.

Everyone congratulated me for the next two days including the hospital staff and laughed about how crazy the whole thing was, and how awesome I did and DH was literally so proud. The labor itself was about 7 contractions worth of pushing and my little one was out. 8 lbs 5.6 ounces, at 38 weeks. Apparently that’s a big baby. Well if I can do it you can too. No sweat 😅. Kidding.

If you are interested and want to read more of my stories or find out about all of the different products and things I’ve tried so far for the baby, please follow me and see my next posts. ❤️

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s